1000 Places To See Before You Die : England

01246 565300

1000 Places To See Before You Die : England Reviews

agneja agneja
Czech republic NEW YEAR 2012 Jun 29, 2012
It is the only one trip which I was in winter time, but I love it! Cold wasn't so freezing like in Lithuania. In Prague fireworks were the best which I have ever seen! It was a pity that I had only five days there, but I promise I will be back :) Of course, I was visiting not only Prague, but other beautiful cities in Czech Republic too ( Karlovy Vary, Karlstein and some small towns). Also I liked prises! So the next time I will stay longer there and enjoy more Pragues' amazing atmosphere and attractions!
agneja agneja
My tours in England Jun 28, 2012
Last year when I lived in Birmingham I tried to see as much as it possible in the UK. The best things I saw when my mom and brother visited me before Easter. We had a trip in London, Warwick, Coventry and other small towns around Birmingham. I liked London very much. Its old town, Parliament House, Big Ben, Tower Bridge and other buildings is absolutely spectacular. Also in Warwick town I liked the castle from outside and inside.

I was suprised that my journey wasn't so expensive as I expected and it was really great!
London
Parliament House
krisz2205 krisz2205
1000 Places To See Before You Die: England Jan 26, 2010
When I first caught the travel bug, I bought the book "1000 Places To See Before You Die: A Traveler's Life List" by Patricia Schultz. I have made it my life's goal to see all of these places that she writes about. I wanted to share with you the places in this book that I have visited. I highly recommend this book for anyone who loves to travel. I decided to break up this list of sites according to their country. Please share your thoughts or destinations!

England

Places I've Visited

- Royal Pavilion (Brighton)

- Canterbury Cathedral (Canterbury)

- London

- Oxford University

- Bath

- Stratford-upon-Avon

- Stonehenge

Places I Have Not Been

- Cliveden (Taplow)

- Windsor Castle (Windsor)

- Chester

- Penzance and Land's End

- St. Ives

- Hotel Tresanton and The Seafood Restaurant (St. Mawes and Padstow)

- Chatsworth House (Bakewell)

- Burgh Island Hotel (Bigbury-on-Sea)

- Gidleigh Park (Chagford)

- Arundell Arms (Lifton)

- The Rising Sun (Lynmouth)

- Glyndebourne Festival (Lewes)

- The Cotswolds (Gloucestershire and Worcestershire)

- Chewton Glen (New Milton)

- Winchester Cathedral (Winchester)

- Osborne House (Isle of Wight)

- Leeds Castle (Maidstone)

- Sissinghurst Castle Garden (Sissinghurst)

- The Lake District (Lancashire and Cumbria)

- Chelsea Flower Show (London)

- The Connaught Hotel (London)

- Tea At The Ritz (London)

- Hadrian's Wall (Hexham)

- The Newark Antiques and Collectors Show (Newark)

- Le Manoir Aux Quat'Saisons (Great Milton)

- Cambridge University

- Blenheim Palace (Woodstock)

- Ludlow

- Ston Easton Park

- Cathedral Church of St. Andrew (Wells)

- Cunard's QM2 and QE2 (Southampton)

- Warwick Castle (Warwick)

- Salisbury Cathedral (Salisbury)

- Stourhead (Stourton)

- Castle Howard (York)

- York Minster (York)
Me and Cordelia in Bath!
Me and Kim on the London Eye looki…
Me and my mom in front of Buckingh…
sylviandavid says:
It's a fun idea to have a book to tell you sites/sights in an area.... I'll need to look into it. We are often unfocused travelers ... just have fun and don't have goals so maybe a book would help us see more! Sylvia
Posted on: Nov 01, 2009
hurleyc2007 says:
if you ever come back make Glyndebourne Festival (Lewes) top of your to do list!
Posted on: Sep 26, 2009